Policy outline of values and goals:
- Individuality and Uniqueness: We aim to celebrate each person’s uniqueness and create opportunities to enhance and explore their own individuality, rather than to make people conform to what we feel is best for them.
- Personal Growth: We encourage our members to grow as individuals, learn new things, and make decisions about their lives with the support of friends, family, and people they choose to assist them.
- Respect and Dignity: The goal for members supported by L’Avenir Cooperative is to be treated with the same dignity and repsect afforded to all adults living in the community in an adult world. All persons have the right to be welcomed and included as full participants in society and to be accorded full citizenship therein.
- Health and Safety: We strive to provide supports so that members can live happy, healthy, and safe lifestyles and feel comfortable, and safe in their own homes.
- Living in Your Own Home: We aim to provide individuals with a safe and comfortable home in which they can enjoy their own belongings and have an equal say in the choices and decisions that affect their home.
- Interdependence: We encourage and facilitate interdependent relationships between members, support staff, families, and community members. Each of us brings unique gifts and skills into relationships that are mutually beneficial.
Other areas of importance:
- Behavioural Support
- Rights and Responsibilities